Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Freelancing less... for now

The place I freelance for hasn't given me new work for about a week now. I'm kinda glad and worried at the same time. When I get work, I'd have to spend my free time and nights doing the projects. So I was bummed that I didn't get to work on card designs. Now without the work, I can do my designs at night. I'm not complaining but just a little worried I'm not making money. I just have to focus on stationery and remember that the client isn't paying me big bucks anyway.

While we're on freelancing... I gave a quote for another company for photo retouching which I thought that was below reasonable. They either decided to have their in-house person do it or someone else do it for less. They could have countered. It's different if they were a teeny tiny company. Ahh well... more time for stationery. I'm better off anyway... My time valuable.

My baby boy is starting to take only 1 nap. Oh dear... have to start using my time more wisely.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai I found you yay! Oh well, I know you price your freelancce very reasonable so those that decline are not worth the headache. Not sure how you photo retouch, by hand or Photoshop (then release a digital?).

Oh boy, and I thought birds were demanding -- good luck spreading out your time!

September 10, 2005  
Blogger Dear Monday said...

hi artbyerika. this is a fairly big company. it's retouching digitally in photoshop. lighten, brighten, etc... their in-house art person does not know how to do masks/paths etc... so they were coloring within the lines. so silver metal looks flat gray.

September 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! I guess they get what they pay for :p

September 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home