Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Time flies

Woah. It's been a while since I've posted. Nothing new happening. Saw an episode of Desperate Housewives for the first time. heh. I don't watch much tv except for hgtv (Handmade Modern was pretty cool tonight; also LOVE Kenneth Brown), Alias (which isn't on right now), 24 (not on), rockstar inxs (over now). Hmm... for the 2 weeks we didn't have cable I was more productive.

I've just been designing and thinking away. I was telling hubby what's to stop me from filing papers and getting a business license this year? I want to get ALL designs done before I file anything plus there's only 3 months left in the year. Why bother? Well I think that's just me procrastinating. Maybe if I file it's gonna be more a kick in the butt for me to work faster. I just don't like forms and taxes! And since I freelance off and on, isn't that like 2 businesses? Ehhhhhh....

Anyway, I've printed out designs just to take inventory of what I have so far. I can see if I need more designs for certain occasions or if I need to tweak stuff here and there. I don't know why I don't do this more often. Cuz I'm cheap, I mean conscientious, and I don't want to waste ink on something that's not final yet!

On another note, freelance job is slowing to a drip. That's a blessing and a bummer. It's letting me have more time to design but no money to save up to put into 'the business'. That means instead of hiring this one company to do a website, I'll have to tackle dreamweaver again. I took classes on 2 different occasions and I still forget how to use that program. (Well 2nd time I was pregnant and didnt know it yet, so my brain was elsewhere.) It's just as well since in the beginning no one sees your website anyway.

So I've got lots to do still ... while keeping an extra close eye on baby who is climbing on tables and chairs now.

I just have to get over my fear and get official.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home