Monday, April 03, 2006

I should get to know my neighbor

There's a lady down our street who does custom invitations. I've never met her but I met her husband twice. The first time I met him was when we first moved in. He was handing out flyers for the annual 'block party' where all the neighbors get all social and have a big cookout in the middle of the street. We didn't go because we were out of town. After that they never had another block party. Back then he mentioned she was a graphic designer and designed invitations. I mentioned I was starting a greeting card biz (yeah, 3 years ago).

Well he and I met again just the other day when he came by to ask how we liked the painters who painted our house since they are painting his house the next day. (Isn't late to ask now? hehe) Yes, our lovely association sent us a lovely letter telling us we needed to paint our house. Anyway... the neighbor and I ended up having the same quick conversation as we did 3 years ago. This time though, he gave me his wife's biz card. I'm going to make it a point to get to try to meet her. I can't say I've ever seen her around though. But it's pretty cool that someone in the paper biz lives so close by.

It also got me to realize... I've been wanting to start this biz thing for 3 years now??? Yikes! I must've not been that serious before because if I was, I'd be a lot further along than I am now. Gah! If I had known then what little time I'd have now...... SIGH.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home