Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What's wrong with me?

I've finished my designs. I know what I need to do next: forms, catalog, figure out terms, etc... why don't I just do it? I know it's not the fun stuff, but I need to do it. Am I afraid? Do I need to break it down so it doesn't seem like everything at one time?

Everytime I sit down to do it... I think of freelance stuff that's hanging over my head that I need to do. So I do other people's stuff first. I need to think of myself as a client because it's too easy to put myself aside... because it's me. I need to give myself a deadline like everyone else. Actually I should learn to put myself first so at the end of the day I won't feel like 'dang I didn't get to do my stuff'. Kind of like when you save money, pay yourself first before you pay your bills.

I think it boils down to me not being organized, procrastinating and a little afraid.

4 Comments:

Blogger patricia zapata said...

you're not alone. trust me! I could've written that same post myself.

February 22, 2006  
Blogger paper sweets said...

Ditto here, too! And I've got that anxious feeling in my stomach, daily now, knowing I need to do all this and then some before NSS.

February 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, maybe everyone feels this way at one point or another. I know we're all 'doers' so we just have to get past these thoughts.
Papersweets: glad you got a booth at the NSS!!!!

February 27, 2006  
Blogger Crissy said...

I came across your site and couldn't believe how much we have in common! I too am in the starting-up stages of a small stationary company ... so I totally relate to almost everything you've been writing about. I've become far too much of a procrastinator and I know it's due to fear of the unknown ...

Anyways, best of luck to you! And please keep writing - it makes me remember that I'm not alone! :)

Cheers,
Crissy

March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home